Sunday, April 16, 2006

HAPPY B'DAY 2 ME!!!


I celebrated my 50th b'day last month, and it got me thinking about things I've learned about myself along the way. Here are a few simple facts about me (in no particular order!) :

* It's important to me to be authentic.
* I'm most comfortable in my blue jeans.
* Quiet time re-energizes me; busy-ness makes my battery run low.
* I doubt I'll ever be an avid gardener, a gourmet cook, or a sports fan.
* I like living in a place where the seasons change. Spring and Fall are my favorites!
* I think of myself as a stay-at-home-mom/ self-taught artist/ craftperson.
* I don't usually like to shop, but I can spend hours exploring a bookstore, a craft store, or a hardware store.
* I like to live simply. For me, that means eating basic, healthy food, keeping my home uncluttered and friendly, and juggling only a few commitments at a time.
* I'm a better listener than a talker.
* Playing with craft supplies -- colorful papers, punches, markers, glitter, glue, paint, and clay -- makes me happy!
* One of the most important life skills I'm trying to cultivate is the ability to have a thankful heart.
* Being a wife and mom have been the greatest blessings of my life!!!

Written 3/16/06

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...