Wednesday, April 13, 2011

KNIT & CROCHET 101


I've been having so much fun over the past year learning how to knit & crochet! It's fascinating to me that you can take a ball of colorful yarn & some very simple tools and end up with a delightful hat, a cozy scarf, or even a soft baby toy! It seems like magic to me to watch the yarn transform into something warm, useful & very personal.

Now admittedly, I'm still at the "Cozy Scarf" stage! I've just about mastered knitting in a straight line & I'm well-into creating Scarf #6! Can't wait to move on to something a bit more challenging... Maybe I'll try baby hats next!  ;)

The picture above is a little peek at an EtsyKids Treasury I created yesterday featuring kid-friendly crochet from a variety of talented EtsyKids members. These ADORABLE monster & animal baby hats make me smile & inspire me to keep creating! I hope you'll hop on over to see the rest of the Cutie-Patootie EtsyKids Knit & Crochet Treasury!

7 comments:

CinnamonInk said...

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and mentioning my art. I love your work!!!

xo,
Kate

Patti Moore said...

Hi Kate! :)

I saw your illustrations on Etsy recently & was so taken by their playfulness & innocence! It's a treat to "meet" another artist who also enjoys creating for children!

Wishing you the BEST!!
~ Patti

Tricia @ SweeterThanSweets said...

So cute! Off to check out your treasury.

Elizabeth P said...

Sooooo cute! I love those hats!

Patti Moore said...

Apologies & Belated Thanks to Tricia & Elizabeth for your Sweet Comments!!

Recently, family needs have come before blogging for me... but I DO want to let you know how very much I appreciate your interest & encouragement! :)

Snuggly Monkey said...

Stopping by to say Hello! Thanks so much for featuring my basket in your treasury today!! I'm your newest follower :)

Patti Moore said...

Hi Snuggly Monkey mama! :)

I just LOVE your soft, colorful baskets!... They're simply adorable!!

Thanks so much for following me... Now I'm following you too! So nice to meet another EtsyKids member AND another Carolina girl! ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...