Sunday, April 16, 2006

THIS OLD COMPUTER


My Dad gave me my computer about 1 1/2 years ago when he upgraded to a newer model. It's a Windows 98 desktop with a great color monitor, but a quirky temperament. I have learned so far that "Phoebe" can only be upgraded so far -- she has the memory of a little old lady, and when pushed too far, she freezes and makes a colorful, "quilty" design on her screen. I've learned the hard way that downloading new programs can be hazardous to poor old Phoebe's health (and my frustration level!!).

So, I was not surprised at all this morning as I started to write to find that Phoebe refused to show me the blog options she had allowed me to use just yesterday. Today I'm left with only one typeface, bold, italic, and some color choices. I can add a link or quote and check my spelling, but that's it. Beyond that, Phoebe will not budge!! So, my blogging will be less artistic than I would have liked -- no cute Smileys, no playing with fonts. I hope I can figure out how to add some of my artwork, since that has been one of my desires in setting up my blog... I will have to experiment and see what happens!

Written 1/02/06

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...